Monday, September 10, 2012

Friends and CASE's

Good Monday morning!  Today's card is in direct response to this week's Friends of Speedy TV challenge to CASE (copy and share everything) another crafter's work.  I chose this lovely by Lois, a fellow Mark's Finest Papers Design Team member.  Now her card is beautiful and I subscribe to the "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" mind set, so the changes I made are quite subtle.  To make it my own, I changed the orientation from landscape to portrait.  I chose a sentiment that is still offered by Mark's Finest Papers in a set called Tree Greetings.  I changed the piercing to go all the frame the focal image panel and then added a burlap twine bow.  I used the same image from Pussy Willows and kept the color scheme the same. 
 
There is a stamp set up for grabs this week for one lucky participant in the challenge.  New Pines is the name of the set and you can view it here.    You can also see it just below. 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
Details - Stamps: Pussy Willows (MFP), Tree Greetings (MFP); Paper:  Snow Columns (MFP), Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink: Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, Mat Pack, piercing tool, black burlap twine, stampin' dimensionals.


4 comments:

Benzi said...

Just beautiful, Toni. Lois is a great person to case. Your pussy willows almost look stitched.

Janine said...


Love that you have cased a Lois card - looks great how you have made it.

stampingbowd said...

First things first....this is GORGEOUS!!!!! What a stunning CASE!
I love the gorgeous Pussy Willows!!!


2nd....I feel like a dope! LOL I had no idea that "portrait and landscape" meant direction of the photo or layout etc. I just thought it had something to do with how the pic was taken or printed! I can't believe that all this time I didn't know that! Thanks so much for this little tid bit!

Theresa's Studio said...

I agree that we chose a great cardmaker to CASE. Lovely card.